What is a hp laptop?
A laptop, sometimes called a notebook computer by manufacturers, is a battery- or AC-powered personal computer (PC) smaller than a briefcase. It can be easily transported and used in temporary spaces such as on airplanes, in libraries, temporary offices and at meetings.
A laptop can be turned into a desktop computer with a docking station, which is a hardware frame that supplies connections for peripheral input/output devices such as a monitor, keyboard and printer.
ypes of laptops
Differences in these core components are what distinguish laptop computers. Some core characteristics of laptops are the following:
- Size. One of the key points of is portability. Smaller laptops are lightweight and easier to carry. A bigger offers a bigger screen size.
- Screen resolution. Higher resolution liquid crystal display or LCD screens display sharper graphics and increase the usable viewing area. High pixel density displays are becoming increasingly popular.
- Processing power. Laptop processors have two, four or eight cores and, because of that, vary in performance.
- Memory. Typically, random access memory (RAM) is 4, 8 or 16 GB.
- Input. Laptops often have a built-in microphone, video camera and various input ports, such as Lightning, HDMI and USB ports. Some companies have gradually reduced the number of ports on the body. Laptops use several different approaches for integrating a mouse into the keyboard, including touch pads, trackballs and pointing sticks.
- Durability. Laptops vary in durability; some are designed for use in rugged conditions.
- Design. designs and accompanying marketing terms vary. Notebooks, netbooks and subnotebook types denote different sizes. New laptops, such as hybrid and convertible ones, feature displays that detach from the computer and function as touchscreen tablets.
- Accessories. Various accessories — such as a detachable keyboard or a second touchpad — can influence purchasing decisions.
- Battery life. Batteries vary among laptops, and battery life can also influence buyers.
Users buy different types of laptops for different purposes. A gaming laptop might require higher resolution and processing power, whereas a good laptop for business might be lightweight for traveling and have more memory. A laptop for use in field service might need to be more durable.